I am a New York State licensed clinical psychologist specializing in emotional dysregulation in children and adolescents using evidenced-based treatment. I provide Parent Management Training (PMT)- an evidence-based treatment program for families who find their child’s behavior difficult to handle. I help both children and parents become more skillful. I believe in things like habit reversal training and behavioral therapy. I can't change a child with magic in a 45 minute session. It takes work. A lot of work with kids and parents.
I have received extensive training in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Exposure Therapy, and mindfulness-based treatment. My approach to treatment is goal oriented, time-limited and skills-based. I take a nonjudgmental and empathetic approach to patterns of behavior that may be inhibiting your child from living life to his or her fullest potential.
My office is conveniently located in the Tribeca and Battery Park City area.
To schedule an appointment, please call (732) 300-7471
I provide individual, family therapy, and parent training that addresses a variety of concerns including:
- Emotional dysregulation: temper tantrums, mood swings
- Anxiety: social, generalized, phobias, panic, stress
- Inattention, distractibility, disorganization, impulsivity
- Executive functioning difficulties and planning problems
- Obsessional or ruminative thinking
- Compulsive or repetitive behaviors
- Bedtime resistance
- Difficulty with transitions or routines
- Parent-child conflict: arguing, whining, and resistant behavior
- School refusal
- Strengthening resilience in children who have experienced stressful life events
- Self-injurious behavior/Suicidal ideation
- Low self-esteem
- Trichotillomania (hair pulling)
Treatments I am trained/certified in:
Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
Here is a helpful link on what CBT is and tips for choosing a therapist:
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
This link provides important information on what DBT is.
Parent Management Training (PMT; Parent Coaching)
There are many different types of parenting-based interventions that I am trained in. Here is a helpful link on parent training:
Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP)
Mindfulness Based Treatment
Organizational Skills Training